[Qgis-developer] Outline/border -> stroke?

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Feb 7 01:47:10 PST 2017

Hi,

+1 for renaming to "stroke". "stroke" is also used as the term in SVG /
PDF specifications - the two most important vector graphic standards.

As a consequence, we would have related terms, such as "stroke-width",
"stroke-linecap", "stroke-dasharray", etc. See
https://www.w3.org/TR/2011/REC-SVG11-20110816/painting.html#StrokeProperties

Another candidate would be renaming everything "transparency" with
"opacity" - but I guess it would be more controversial ;-) And it would
mean that sliders would have to be reversed, as 100% opacity = 0%
transparency.

Andreas