[Qgis-developer] Future of standalone browser?

Mathieu Pellerin nirvn.asia at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 02:07:17 PST 2017

I've never used the browser much, I can't say I would miss it if it's
retired.

The one thing I'd miss a bit is its capability at quickly previewing
datasets. I'm wondering if this could be somehow integrated into the QGIS'
browser dock (maybe now made possible following the major layer registry /
project refactoring which has taken place prior to 3.0?). Just like the
information panel, we could have a preview panel that renders a preview of
the vector/raster dataset.

Anyhow; +1 to see the standalone browser gone. :)

Math