[Qgis-developer] QGIS3 theme?

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 16:23:55 PST 2017

I love the idea of a flat icons theme. I'm not so sure about monochrome
thought. Loosing color may mean loosing information. But, maybe the
designer can figure it out.

As always, cosmetics tend to generate lots of debate. :)

A seg, 27/02/2017, 20:30, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> escreveu:

> Hi
>
> I would also like to see a nice cohesive theme designed. I have seen in
> the past that you referenced LibreOffice as an example we could follow.
> IMHO their theme is really bad - from both as aesthetic point of view and
> from a functional point of view:
>

> https://www.libreoffice.org/assets/Uploads/Discover/LO52-Screenshots/lo52-writer-02.png
>
> The icons are overladen with many small details and too many discordant
> colours. When I was in Singapore a year or two back, I met up with Ganesh
> Shanmugam, a local QGIS service provider there. Ganesh had built a
> customised version of QGIS for use in schools and showed it off to me. One
> thing I really like is the way they used the same accent colour per
> toolbar. For example all File icons would get e.g. a red accent, all layer
> green, and so on. It makes it really easy to:
>
> a) find a toolbar even when on a strange computer where things are
> arranged differently and
> b) give someone instructions : "click on the third icon from the left in
> the red tinted toolbar"
>
> In Gandesh's implementation, they actually coloured the toolbar
> background, but I think it would also be nice if we rather used the accent
> colour (so two-tone instead of monochrome) in the icons. Ganesh maybe you
> could share a link to a screenie?
>
> Anyway just my 2c to the debate.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 8:19 PM, Denis Rouzaud <denis.rouzaud at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> This is really great news!
> Having a cohérent UI look will be a huge step forward.
> Looking forward to seeing the proposal.

> Tim Sutton
> Visit http://kartoza.com to find out about open source:
>  * Desktop GIS programming services
>  * Geospatial web development
> * GIS Training
> * Consulting Services
> Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net
> Tim is a member of the QGIS Project Steering Committee

Alexandre Neto
@AlexNetoGeo
http://sigsemgrilhetas.wordpress.com
http://gisunchained.wordpress.com