[Qgis-developer] Dropping the "render" checkbox

Mathieu Pellerin nirvn.asia at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 21:44:13 PST 2017

Hmm, I'm -0 on this. I frequently use it to stop an ongoing rendering
process of large dataset(s). I realize it might be misusing that checkbox
as a stop ongoing rendering (vs. no rendering) but it's evidence it remains
useful.

That said if your open to ideas, it could go away if it's replaced by a
"stop current rendering" button. That button could actually be a spinner
logo to indicate that a rendering threat is running n clicking on it would
stop the process. That way, we could also get rid of the percentless
progress bar currently used as rendering feedback (which now looks odd next
to the task progress bar).