[Qgis-developer] QGIS3 theme?

Serge Markin serge at geoicon.com
Tue Feb 28 02:27:49 PST 2017

Hi Tim,

Let me share some details about the project that you mentioned.

As Ganesh said the main challenge was to build a portable version of the
QGIS for windows. It was based on version 2.6 if I’m not mistaken. We
successfully solved that problem.

Another part of the project was simplification and stylization of the UI.
We were guided by customer requirements and introduced few ideas. Using
colour background was one such. We also tweaked few functions like bringing
the layer transparency widget to the main screen and make it permanent. We
provided a registry of predefined layers so it is easy to start working. We
aggregated functions from few third party plugins and brought buttons
directly to the main window.

Most of the icons were taken from original QGIS icon set and we introduced
few new icons for functions that we brought on the main window. Also, we
increased a size of the icons. The main goal was to customise QGIS to make
it more friendly for young students and first-time users of GIS.

In addition to customised QGIS, we developed a pilot version of Web GIS and
it was styled the same way as QGIS to make the working experience as
seamless as possible.

Please check up the screenshots here: http://geoicon.com/edugis/
screenshots/index.html

Best regards,
Serge

--
Serge Markin
Chief Technical Officer
#07-10 High Street Centre
Singapore 179094

Tel: +65-6650.6174 <+65%206650%206174>
Fax: +65-6338.9174 <+65%206338%209174>

--
Serge Markin
Chief Technical Officer
#07-10 High Street Centre
Singapore 179094

------
Confidentiality Notice:

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
information and must be protected in accordance with those provisions.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply