[Qgis-developer] PyQt4 sip API version conflict with qgis for an unrelated qgis project

Maurizio Berti maurizio.berti at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 06:51:45 PST 2017

Hello,
I didn't know about qgis until a week ago, when I received a bug report on
a PyQt4 program I developed, which doesn't have anything to do with qgis,
since it's intended for music.
It seems that when I use uic.loadUi() to load a window from a Qt .ui file,
somehow qgis interferes with it and gives a ValueError for the sip API
version.

Here's the complete report: https://github.com/MaurizioB/NoLaE/issues/1

The submitter says he'll try my program on a different setup (which doesn't
have qgis installed), but I'm still curious on how and why qgis could
become involved.

Thank for your support.

Maurizio