[Qgis-developer] PyQt4 sip API version conflict with qgis for an unrelated qgis project

Maurizio Berti maurizio.berti at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 13:50:50 PST 2017

On 01/04/2017 05:19 PM, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> the sip api version gets changed as soon as qgis is imported somewhere.
> Aparently uic.loadUi() just loads all available custom Qt widgets found
> on the system.
> I am not aware of a gentle way to deal with this problem (neither on
> your not on our end). I think that's something to ask on the PyQt
> mailing list.

Thanks Matthias,
I think I've understood the problem.
In the meantime, the submitter has confirmed that the problem doesn't occur
in the partition where qgis is not installed, so I suppose you are right.
I could use pyuic4 and build every ui files by hand, but I'd prefer to use
the loadUi, since it's easier and cleaner.
I'll write to the PyQt mailing list and see if they have a solution for
that.

Thank you again,
Maurizio

--
È difficile avere una convinzione precisa quando si parla delle ragioni del
cuore. - "Sostiene Pereira", Antonio Tabucchi