[Qgis-developer] Proposal - Change mIconProjectionEnable/Disable Icons

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 03:28:01 PST 2017

This is the commit with the proposed changes.

It has the new Icons and different behavior of the CRS text. I.e:

When OFT is enable, it will show only the EPSG:<code>
When OTF is disable, it will show EPSG:<code> (OTF off)), besides the icon
is crossed.

Note: I did not change the default settings to make OTF enabled by default.

https://github.com/SrNetoChan/QGIS/commit/14c4dea4db1b10c1dc25b43130b8e9d0b41ed39a

Alexandre Neto

Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> escreveu no dia segunda, 16/01/2017
às 06:45:

> Il 16/01/2017 03:11, Martin Dobias ha scritto:
>
> > Agreed - things will get easier if OTF is always enabled.
>
> Generally agreed. I use and teach not to use OTF of when:
> * checking in case of trouble (layers misaligned): switching off allows
> a better understanding of what has gone wrong
> * digitizing: people may digitize in the wrong place, if they are not
> aware OTF is on
> * analysis: there is a warning, ON by default, to avoid mixing CRSs, but
> if OTF is OFF, things are more immediately clear to the user
> So having it permanently ON, with the possibility of switching OFF
> manually, seems fine to me.
> BTW, it should be noted that we currently allow invalid reprojection,
> e.g. a global layer on a local CRS, with weird results and potential
> freezes (crashes no longer happen, but were a problem years ago). It
> would be good to check the bounding box of each CRS and avoid invalid
> combinations.
> All the best.
>
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu