[Qgis-developer] Valid or invalid geom in PostGIS?

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 22:25:55 PST 2017

You have right.
The ST_MAkeVaild is capable to return a valid geometry. But it dont
remove redundant vertexs.
The redundant vertex is not always considered an Unvalidity (I guess
yes) so originally it was separated from the MakeValid function.

I guess is better if qgis do: before a removeredundants and after a makevalid.
Also pay attention to extract right type from the makevalid with the
couple forcecollection and after the extractcollection (or
collectionextract).

Regards,
A.