[Qgis-developer] Clipping by field

Niccolò Marchi sciurusurbanus at hotmail.it
Fri Jan 20 01:04:38 PST 2017

Hi devs,
I was looking for the possibility of iterating a clipping by field process but I saw that the only option is to use a script from the online collection (Cut by field).
On the web some old workarounds are proposed, but they mostly make use of direct programming or are related to arcgis (1<http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/66755/clip-polygons-with-other-polygons-based-on-matching-attributes>,2<http://www.northrivergeographic.com/archives/model-builder-and-iterators>).

What’s the idea behind making an alg become a core one? Due to teh fact that no other provider offers this functionality, could it be an idea to include that script among the core geoalgs avoiding the risk of losing it with some API breakage?

All the best,

Nic