[Qgis-developer] Getting data from another layer during digitizing

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Jan 20 03:32:24 PST 2017

Hi all,
I have an interesting problem: I need to get, when digitizing a line,
some data from the closest line where the digitized line is snapped to.
Of course with a database this can be solved with a trigger, but in this
case I have to do it on shp (and it's an interesting exercise anyway).
I thought of using the default value for the field, getting it from an
expression finding the closest feature and getting the desired data from
it. This does not seem very easy to do, and I wonder if there is a
simpler method.
Thanks for any hint.
All the best.
--