[Qgis-developer] Spatialite in QGIS master

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Jan 31 00:41:29 PST 2017

Hi,

Spatialite will be supported, core spatialite functionality does not
rely on python libraries.

If there are issues with db_manager spatialite functionality or other
python based modules, please contact your local package manager.

Technically we were reviewing a couple of alternatives to pyspatialite
(because it would be nice to have something properly supported for
python 3 by upstream) but we ended up not implementing these because
dynamic loading of extensions (and hence the spatialite extension) was
not enabled on every platform IIRC.

Matthias