[Qgis-developer] how to avoid full-table scans to determine primary key, extents?

Chris Nicholas cnicholas at housecanary.com
Tue Jan 31 15:24:11 PST 2017

revisiting this problem; it is really making QGIS totally unusable for the large tables we are manipulating.

UNECESSARY FULL TABLE SCANS == VERY BAD USER EXPERIENCE!!

If funds could be made available for this fix, is there anyone able/available to add this functionality, and avoid a full table scan on adding a layer, and on existing project start-up?

(i.e. add a new pop-up dialog when one adds a new vector layer to optionally/manually enter the layer extents)

this would make QGIS *-far-* more usable for “big data”

thanks!
Chris