[Qgis-developer] Building QGIS2.99 with CMAKE using Qt 5.8 and g++ 6.3 Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 15:52:38 PST 2017

On 1 February 2017 at 09:36,  <gordon at shieldaig.com> wrote:

> Also, on Ubuntu Qt5Webkit and Qt5WebkitWidgets seem to be now
> Qt5WebEngineCore and Qt5WebEngineWidgets or perhaps something else.  I've
> waited to see if anybody else would ask but they haven't as far as I know,
> how are they supposed to be handled?

 I can't help with the Q_ALWAYS_INLINE error, but can here. Qt5WebKit
and Qt5WebEngine core are very different beasts with different use
cases. Unfortunately Qt upstream have royally messed up this situation
in Qt5 by declaring Qt5WebKit deprecated. We can't switch to
Qt5WebEngine as it's just too limited and doesn't support many of the
methods we need from Qt5WebKit.

If you don't have Qt5WebKit available you can set WITH_QTWEBKIT to
FALSE to allow QGIS to build. You won't be able to use any html
dependant features (eg composer html items, or html annotations), but
the rest should work OK.

Nyall