[QGIS-Developer] QGIS/OGR: FeatureIds reassigned on write to data provider?

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 16:31:28 PDT 2017

> I'd say we definitely do in the processing case. It'd be a significant
shortcoming to have to manually unload layers from projects before you
can run analysis on them.

> Not sure about totally external applications though....

My comments only relate to external applications using files we have open,
I guess having it open in two QGIS instances is the same issue.  But I get
the same thing if I open the same word doc twice one of the applications
will take a write lock on the file.