[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3.0 beta

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Sun Jul 9 15:14:13 PDT 2017

Hi

I would lean towards -1 for a beta - we have had this same debate numerous
times before and tried using beta's before. I don't think a beta will
substantially increase testing uptake and it has the rather bad side effect
that people will be using old code as their reference point (as opposed to
using the nightly builds where they can see the latest fixes at any time).

I'm happy to keep quiet if others think it is worth doing...

Regards

Tim

On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 6:50 PM, Jürgen E. Fischer <jef at norbit.de> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> On Sat, 08. Jul 2017 at 12:43:48 +0200, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> > Just for clarity, there IS already a possibility to test/view current
> > master (3.0 development version == 2.99) for Windows users:
> >
> > Either download the latest weekly 2.99 standalone installer from:
> > http://qgis.org/downloads/weekly/
> >
> > OR use
> >
> > OSGeo4W package manager and install the "qgis-dev: QGIS nightly build of
> > the development branch"
>
> OR qgis-full-dev which also depends on a bunch of additional useful
> packages.
>
> > AND to see the most info, ALSO install "qgis-dev-pdb: Debugging symbols
> > for QGIS nightly build of the development branch"
>
> AND now alos on qgis-dev-pdb.   PLUS qgis-full-dev is the base of the
> weekly
> NSIS package.
>

> Jürgen
>
> --
> Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel.
> +49-4931-918175-31
> Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax.
> +49-4931-918175-50
> Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden
> http://www.norbit.de
> QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode

​

Tim Sutton
 * Desktop GIS programming services
 * Geospatial web development