[QGIS-Developer] Incremental drawing possible?

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jul 11 00:38:41 PDT 2017

Hi Martin,

I noticed that loading and redraw only happens when the mouse button is
released after the panning operation. While I understand the reasoning
for this (definitely on the safe side and no unnecessary redraws), I
wonder, if for WMTS, loading and display could already happen while
panning and the mouse button isn't yet released, e.g. triggered whenever
a certain threshold of panning distance (e.g. in percent of the last
extent) was surpassed.

This would be even nicer than the current behaviour. Or are there
technical reasons, not to do that? Google maps works like this. It
redraws while panning.

Thanks,

Andreas