[QGIS-Developer] Editable CSV files

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jul 18 22:45:25 PDT 2017

Hi,

Is there a particular technical reason why csv/text files aren't
editable in QGIS? Or is this mainly for historical reasons and it could
be implemented as editable with reasonable effort?

I know that there is a plugin called "Editable GeoCSV" - but shouldn't
this be supported by QGIS in general, without the need for a plugin?

I'd be willing to financially support such an improvement in QGIS core,
should a developer be interested in working on it.

Thanks,

Andreas