[QGIS-Developer] Editable CSV files

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 23:23:53 PDT 2017

Hii Andreas

I think this is particularly a Windows issue. For Linux it could be
implemented such that files are'nt write locked to other programs.
Background is how to solve the problem of concurrent editing (a file).
Just unlocking the file implies some problems of this type on how to
"inform" the other client to refresh?
A proper solution would be to implement a bidirectional communication
between Excel and QGIS - similar to how GISconnector for Excel (and
ArcGIS) did it.
Unfortunately Excel needs to be programmed in VBA :-(

:Stefan