[QGIS-Developer] Editable CSV files

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Wed Jul 19 08:30:24 PDT 2017

Dnia środa, 19 lipca 2017 16:35:28 Andreas Neumann pisze:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks all for your feedback. The "Add delimited text" way of loading
> CSV data is a lot more powerful and more flexible than the OGR way.

Did you look at the .csvt and .vrt files? I wouldn't say the CSV provider is
"a lot" more powerful. I don't insist, just thinking about this alternative.

With the CSV provider, we still can use the csvt file to store and load the
selections made by user. And with the OGR provider we can use a gui to
generate the file if doesn't exist.

Regards,

Borys