[QGIS-Developer] #16916: Retire 'CRS was undefined:...' message?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Jul 22 03:07:14 PDT 2017

Hi Devs,

writing this issue (about showing the CRS was undefined message every
time you even touch a file in the browser):

https://issues.qgis.org/issues/16916

I thought 3.0 is a good time to retire this message (which to me is
seldom helpfull, as I always already know the data crs...).

The "CRS was undefined: defaulting to project CRS ..." message with me
also always pops up whenever I load layers in my plugins (often GML or
other layers which just do not have CRS info anyway....).

So I would ask here if other file the same: "retire that message" :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde