[QGIS-Developer] New help online

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Jun 1 02:38:22 PDT 2017

Hi all,
on QGIS3 the button Help apparently searches the online manual. However
I keep on getting:
file:///usr/local/src/qgis/QGIS/doc/nohelp.html

Oops!

QGIS help is currently not available. This is likely because:

    No internet connection is available
    The offline help files are not available or the location of these
files is not properly configured
    No help content is available for the requested topic

Please check that the correct location of the offline help files is
specified in the QGIS options dialog (Settings → Options →System).

Changing the path:
http://docs.qgis.org/$qgis_short_version/$qgis_locale/docs/user_manual/
http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/
I can get it working. Perhaps better, to make testing easier, to add a
new branch on the website? Or better just adding the second 'testing'
path for now?

Furthermore, I guess we have to find a solution for offline users,
without the need for them to setup the local path.
All the best, and thanks.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu