[QGIS-Developer] Exploring the new node tool: questions and bugs(?)

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Jun 7 23:40:11 PDT 2017

On 07-06-17 15:59, DelazJ wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using the new digitizing system to do a work and despite my trials,
> I fail to find how to do some things and have some questions:
>
> - Is the node editor panel gone forever? Or is it hidden, in which case
> how can I enable it?
>
> - Trying to add a vertex on a existing segment, I double-click the
> segment at the place I'd like the new vertex but nothing seems to
> happen. And when I move the mouse, there is also a (new) vertex being
> moved. I fail to simply add the vertex without moving it (it adds it and
> catches it, I presume). Am I doing something wrong?
>
> - Click and drag  helps to select many vertices from different features.
> But when I I have some features selected, I think one would expect to
> have only vertices of the selected features. Otherwise, selecting vertex
> on a common boundary becomes a pain, because you neve know which feature
> has its vertex selected.
>
> Are there issues/features request I should report in Redmine? Anyone to
> help me find the right ways to do my edits, please?

Hi Harrisou,

I'm with you, seeing the 'Improved geometry editing' section in Anita's
blog [0], I thought to test this too.

But (with me on Linux) I fail to get things done too. It looks like I
have to click on nodes before I can move them? While in webmaps (to
which Anita compares the editing), you just hover over them, and if you
see the cross or resized node, you can just drag them (without clicking
it first).
With me (on Linux) build of yesterday, this does not work, I get a blue
rectangle/rubberband all the time, but fail to move points untill I
click on them?

Maybe somebody can share a little screencapture/movie about it?

Regards,

Richard

[0]
https://anitagraser.com/2017/05/23/upcoming-qgis3-features-exploring-the-current-developer-version/