[QGIS-Developer] Exploring the new node tool: questions and bugs(?)

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 06:59:52 PDT 2017

Hi,
I'm using the new digitizing system to do a work and despite my trials, I
fail to find how to do some things and have some questions:

- Is the node editor panel gone forever? Or is it hidden, in which case how
can I enable it?

- Trying to add a vertex on a existing segment, I double-click the segment
at the place I'd like the new vertex but nothing seems to happen. And when
I move the mouse, there is also a (new) vertex being moved. I fail to
simply add the vertex without moving it (it adds it and catches it, I
presume). Am I doing something wrong?

- Click and drag  helps to select many vertices from different features.
But when I I have some features selected, I think one would expect to have
only vertices of the selected features. Otherwise, selecting vertex on a
common boundary becomes a pain, because you neve know which feature has its
vertex selected.

Are there issues/features request I should report in Redmine? Anyone to
help me find the right ways to do my edits, please?
Thanks.

Harrissou