[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-developer] Adding default OSM backround maps

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 14:32:07 PDT 2017

Hey,

I think most of us are pretty busy just with the ramp up to 3.0. The idea
is fine however the proposal requires hosting map tiles, which may come at
a large cost if hit hard.  I think your best bet is to follow leads on that
front first, if you can get someone to step up to host the tiles then maybe
we can get it off the ground, I suspect we don't have the server capcatity
at qgis.org (could be wrong).  I'm also not sure we want to turn into a
tile provider yet given we already have enough on.

Regards,
Nathan