[QGIS-Developer] Backporting support for relative SVG paths in project files

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 01:30:40 PDT 2017

Hi Victor

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 8:51 AM, Victor Olaya <volayaf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know your opinion about backporting the support for
> relative paths for marker files in project files to 2.18. It's an
> interesting feature that would be good to have without having to
> depend on QGIS 3.

Are we talking about relative paths to SVG files in _embedded_ projects?

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/4426

That pull request simply cannot be backported as it is to 2.18 - it is
full of API breaks and it depends on previous QGIS 3 project
refactoring work as well. For 2.18 we would need to completely rework
it, probably with some hacks to overcome the problem of having API
fixed.

Cheers
Martin