[QGIS-Developer] QGIS project XSD

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 02:39:50 PDT 2017

> Seems like a huge amount of administrative overhead to me. A small
> change to the project format could result in massive amounts of
> required changes to the xsd.
>
> Given that now it's safe to have multiple QgsProjects at once,
> couldn't you instead just load the project and retrieve the desired
> information using the QGIS API directly?

Yes Nyall, it's ok until you can use the QGIS API :)
You know that system integration often must rely on standard formats to
exchange information in a decoupled way.
QGIS is more often integrated in heterogeneous environments where it's not
always possible (or it would be an overhead) to install and use QGIS libs.

giovanni