[Qgis-developer] QGIS Resource Sharing - GSOC 2017 (?)

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 05:03:04 PST 2017

On 2 March 2017 at 23:14, Akbar Gumbira <akbargumbira at gmail.com> wrote:

> Getting the automatic digitizing tool to work against images (by doing
>> edge detection or using some image processing smarts to predict where the
>> user is wanting to digitizing)
>>

> This is probably the most suitable item from the list that I can pick up
> right away (I had image and speech recognition course last semester and
> still 'hot' in my brain). Has there been any discussion about this?

IMHO would be fantastic... a huge amount of literature is available on that.

IMHO would be fine a direct integration in Processing and heavy use of
QgsTask for parallel feature extraction... or explore external
modules/programs to be integrated in processing.
Would make sense to add features to Semi Automatic Calssification plugin by
Luca Congedo?

Luigi Pirelli

* Boundless QGIS Support/Development: lpirelli AT boundlessgeo DOT com
* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition:
*
https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/mastering-qgis-second-edition