[Qgis-developer] GSOC project idea

Sai Harsh Tondomker saiharsh.t13 at iiits.in
Mon Mar 20 13:03:48 PDT 2017

Dear all,
I am Sai Harsh from India, from past 8 months, I am using QGIS.
These are the things I am thinking to add in qgis.
1. Without restarting qgis, it will display the newly added plugin. best of
my knowledge this feature is not present in qgis.
2.Let us suppose if in a .csv file we have lat, long column, when it's
uploaded to qgis it will mark all the places which this lat & long is
representing.(If user needs it), it's useful because lat & long are used
quite often.
3. While uploading the .csv file (in which duplicate names exist) to merge
with attribute table in qgis, the duplicates can be merge depending on the
formula applied, this feature is not present in qgis.
4. Qgis to support Python 3 without breaking python 2.

Please suggest whether it's a good project to work on.

Awaiting for a positive response.

Thanks & Regards,
Harsh
IIIT-Sri City