[QGIS-Developer] What are best graph possibilities in QGIS

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Tue May 9 01:42:06 PDT 2017

Hi Richard,

You forgot about PyQtGraph used in MuTAnT tool ;)

But anyway - I myself am searching for a nice python graph library with
nice options and a nice style..
matplotlib is the most feature rich but unfortunately very slow (unless I
might probably use the code wrong)

I am following a lot of lib development closely and some time ago (about 3
years) some graphlib programmers decided to work together on one good lib

vispy (https://github.com/vispy/vispy)

But to me it seems that stopped again and everyone is again doing his own
lib (might only look to me as this - I dont know).
vispy would be the way to go for me - but it seems it is not prime time
ready yet. (and I might be wrong but I am still missing datetime
functionality)

So for MuTAnT it's still undecided (shame that PyQwt deceased for Qt5 - it
was by far the fastest).

For now I'd recommend PyQtGraph to use. (fast, good looking and feature
rich - though still also no timedate)
If you need everything there is still no way around matplotlib - maybe they
changed something in terms of speed with the now available version 2.. not
tested yet..

regards
Werner