[QGIS-Developer] What are best graph possibilities in QGIS

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue May 9 03:44:51 PDT 2017

Hi Richard

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 10:47 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde
<rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:

> Do 'we' (as the community) have a stand in this?
> Is one option more future proof (for QGIS) then others?

Aprart from the libraries mentioned above, I believe for a future
proof code (QGIS >= 3) the choice should be the Qt Charts library. It
used to be distributed separately under commercial license, but since
Qt 5.8 (IIRC) it is included in standard Qt5 distribution with open
source license. This library has the advantage of being native to the
Qt ecosystem and it seems to be quite powerful as well.

Cheers
Martin