[QGIS-Developer] OTB 6 and Processing

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon May 15 01:21:55 PDT 2017

Il 15/05/2017 10:13, Rashad Kanavath ha scritto:
> I had done some work in fixing some qgis otb stuff but was not
> integrated yet. These enhancements will reduce some code and improve otb
> processing.
>
> We @CS had contacted Victor olaya regarding this in Jaunary 2017. He
> had informed us about some major changes such as keeping all algorithms
> out of qgis processing plugin and some other stuff. since then there was
> not much communication and all those changes keep sitting on my backup
> disk like that..
>
> I would be able to help if anyone willing to integrate these changes
> back and adding otb processing plugin.
>
> regarding integration of QGIS-OTB, AFAIK, there is no plan or we simply
> don't know where to go.
>
> we are very much interested to hear back from qgis developer team.

Thanks Rashad for your prompt reply. I think Victor, Alex, and Nyall
(who is refactoring Processing for QGIS 3 and porting it to C++) are in
the best position to reply.
>From my point of view, I think I'll interpret the feelings and needs of
thousands of users saying that we cannot miss OTB from Processing. Same
for R, this has been raised recently on the mailing list.
I think the steps are:
* create an independent provider (sub-plugin of Processing) for OTB
* publish it on the official repo.
Rashad, would you be willing to take ownership of that plugin?
All the best, and thanks again.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu