[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3D Grant

Syd Visser sydv at sjgeophysics.com
Wed May 24 09:25:42 PDT 2017

Martin

Thanks for the clarification. We look forward to seeing better 3D
support more integrated into Qgis. Without good 3D support people here
keep moving back to commercial software.

Unfortunately as far as i can see PostGIS supports 3D vector and 3D
point clouds 2D raster but not 3D raster. The only opensource database
program that I know of that supports 3D raster is Grass which we use for
that purpose. But we usually do our viewing in Paraview or Mayavi
therefore to be able to view in QGIS would be a read advantage.

Keep up the good work on QGIS it is really getting very good.

thanks

Syd

*Syd (Sipke) Visser, P.Geo.*
President, Snr. Geophysicist/Geologist