[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-user] Split features tool behavior

Andreas Wicht a.wicht at gmail.com
Mon May 29 04:16:19 PDT 2017

On 28 May 2017 at 14:43, James Wood <jwood911 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On the digitizing toolbar, try "Split Parts" instead of "Split Features" on multipart polygons.

Thank you for the hint, James. Somehow I always thought that this
function is only suitable for separating an existing part from a
feature (never used it though).
Yet, if you cut a polygon with the "Split Parts" tool, the output will
be an invalid geometry (I observed self-intersections). This as well
can not be the intended behavior. I could observe those errors in
simple scratch layers as well as in PostGIS layers.

Has anybody else experienced this behavior?