[QGIS-Developer] SIP coverage test removal and Travis optimization

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Wed May 31 05:15:18 PDT 2017

Dear all,

Our automatic SIP files generation is almost there and I would like to
remove the SIP coverage test from running on Travis.

I think it is harmless since any change on a header will have a direct
impact on the SIP file (or the SIP test will fail if one did not take care
of updating the SIP file).

The idea behind it is a bit of time saving on Travis:

* remove sip coverage test: ~15 sec
* move Doxygen build to the "code_layout" config (rather than on the main
"linux" Travis config) ~30-120 sec (not sure about the time here though)
* move doc coverage test to the "code_layout" config: ~20 sec

Without removing the sip coverage test, we cannot move Doxygen build away
from main build, since the test requires both the python API and the
Doxygen build.

Is this acceptable?
Is there any reason to keep the test (running on Travis)?

Cheers,
Denis