[QGIS-Developer] SIP coverage test removal and Travis optimization

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed May 31 14:14:32 PDT 2017

On 31 May 2017 at 22:15, Denis Rouzaud <denis.rouzaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Our automatic SIP files generation is almost there and I would like to
> remove the SIP coverage test from running on Travis.

> Is this acceptable?

In general, but...

> Is there any reason to keep the test (running on Travis)?

There's 2 extra things the sip coverage test does which the sipify test doesn't:

1. Flags if a class is totally missing from the bindings. The sipify
test can't detect when someone's added a new header to the project
without adding a corresponding .sip include to the
core/gui/server/analysis.sip files. Ideally this would be fixed with
some cmake magic which avoids the need to even manually build the
core.sip/gui.sip/etc files...

2. Checks that the methods *are* actually accessible in the Python
bindings. Occasionally there'll be weird things where even though a
method is correctly listed in the .sip files, it just doesn't exist in
the Python library. There's no pattern here - it happens differently
on different platforms. But this is a sip bug, so I don't really care
if we lose this extra check.

For me 1 would need to be addressed before we can drop the test.

Nyall