[QGIS-Developer] Settings migration from QGIS 2 to 3

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 01:30:10 PDT 2017

Stefan, you may try to use global settings for shared user settings, you
can specify the global settings file path in several ways (and it could
even be a shared network folder).

See:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/app/main.cpp#L131
and:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/app/main.cpp#L831

the global settings format is exactly the same of the user settings file:
INI.

Hope this helps.

Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it