[QGIS-Developer] Duplicate Features

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Fri Nov 3 01:18:59 PDT 2017

Hi Richard

On 11/03/2017 08:15 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:

> The dialog I see in the Pull Request definitly need a help button
> pointing to some Documentation page about relations (and this 'copy be
> reference/value' stuff...).

The dialog in the pull request is the generic action dialog, and was not
introduced in this PR.
What's introduced in this PR is the (hard to do) part of writing the
python code to trigger this action.
Something that we plan to do once this is merged is a hint from the
"relation configuration dialog"
to the "action" dialog because it's really hard to discover.

> I was also wondering what happens if you delete one of those duplicate(s)?
> IF you also copy the related record, what happens with that record when
> you delete the referencing one (the referenced one should be deleted too?)
> Or how do you clean up those copies (aka how do you manage integrity?).

This is also something that I think is very important. I really hope to
get the chance to work on this
in a (near-)future release.

Matthias