[QGIS-Developer] PROPOSAL: change how we manage the 3.0 release process

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Nov 6 02:17:11 PST 2017

Hi Matthias,

On Mon, 06. Nov 2017 at 11:00:04 +0100, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> Instead I would like the PSC to discuss a flexible handling of this
> particular major release with the very specific requirements.

The "release when ready" policy was made for 3.0 and only for 3.0.  The plan is
to return to the original way of doing release afterwards.

That would have been my preference anyway and returning to it is ok with me.

Although IIRC the move to a fixed date was made because others argued that they
need to communicate a date to their customers.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode