[QGIS-Developer] Preview job and slow datasources

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Thu Nov 16 02:15:54 PST 2017

Hi Patrick,

Would be interesting to do this test with previews enabled and disabled.
Then we'll see if it's actually the previews or some other mechanism
that is causing this.

IIRC only a composite image is saved in the preview jobs and not each
layer separately, but that's just what I remember and not evidence based.

You can enable them in the python console with

    iface.mapCanvas().setPreviewJobsEnabled(True)

and disable with

    iface.mapCanvas().setPreviewJobsEnabled(False)

Thanks for a feedback

Matthias