[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Server request extra parameters as variables for expressions

Arnaud Morvan arnaud.morvan at camptocamp.com
Wed Nov 22 06:31:20 PST 2017

Hello,

With mapserver, request extra parameters are accessible as template
variables in mapfile.

I would like to implement the same possibility in QGIS Server, extra
parameters may be accessible in project as expression variables.

For example : I would like to pass in a GetMap request an extra
parameter FLOOR.

This parameter could be handled by QGIS Server as a variable value, so
this could be used in the project to filter some layers using an expression.

Do you think this could be acceptable directly in QGIS Server, or may I
have to wrote a plugin.

Maybe this type of plugin already exists ?

Note that I'm not familiar with server part.

Best regards

--
Arnaud Morvan
Ingénieur logiciel