[QGIS-Developer] php-cgi not found after installing QGIS Server on Windows

Stefan Steiger Steiger at cor-management.ch
Tue Nov 28 08:01:51 PST 2017

Hi Martin,

No, this means that PHP uses the 32-bit PDO-PostgreSQL-driver.
The driver accesses PostgreSQL via TCP-IP/pipes/Unix-domain-sockets, thus you can have whatever bitness-server you want.
Your PG server could just as well run on an ARM or a PPC or a MIPS-Godson/Loongson processor.
You might potentially run into problems if the PG server is > 9.6 - but since 9.6 is the most current main release, that's unlikely to happen.
For 9.6.X, this should be OK.

But if you have an x64-server, this means you should update your PHP-version to 64-bit,
because 32-bit software is usually compiled for 80-386 instead of 80-686, which means it is very slow, and could easily be much faster, if only you actually used x64...
Unless of course you use Arch Linux - they just compile 32-Bit for 80-686.  But since your screenshot says win32...

Also, if you use Windows, do yourselfs a favour and don't use Apache.
Use IIS, and if you use Linux, use nginx.
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=apache,nginx
Apache is s**t, and gonna die for good.

If you need to install the latest PHP version (PHP7) on Windows, refer to my answer here:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/16427988/155077

If you have an IIS-version > 9, you need to switch
HKLM/System/CCS/Services/W3SVC/Parameters/MajorVersion
to 9 before installing PHP-Manager,  and after-installation, switch the value back.

Kind regards

Stefan