[QGIS-Developer] plugin size

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 09:18:08 PST 2017

Hi devs,

I'm facing some issues with the plugin size and uploading. Currently the
maximum size is around 20 MB.

The plugin [0] comes with an html manual (all done with sphinx) together
with localization in other languages.

The problem is that when I compile the html with sphinx for all the
languages (3 at the moment) the size exceeds the 20 MB. This happens
because during the build sphinx copies all source images (images are
willingly **not** localized) in all languages build folders, something
like that:

matteo at matteo-computer:~/.local/share/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/matteo/python/plugins/DataPlotly$
tree help/build/html/ -L 2

help/build/html/
├── en
│   ├── genindex.html
│   ├── histogram.html
│   ├── _images
│   ├── index.html
│   ├── intro.html
│   ├── objects.inv
│   ├── searchindex.js
│   ├── _sources
│   ├── _static
│   └── ternary.html
├── it
│   ├── genindex.html
│   ├── histogram.html
│   ├── _images
│   ├── index.html
│   ├── intro.html
│   ├── objects.inv
│   ├── searchindex.js
│   ├── _sources
│   ├── _static
│   └── ternary.html
└── nl
    ├── genindex.html
    ├── histogram.html
    ├── _images
    ├── index.html
    ├── intro.html
    ├── objects.inv
    ├── searchindex.js
    ├── _sources
    ├── _static
    └── ternary.html

the `_images` folder (for each language) weights 7MB so, basically that
folder is the problem.
One solution could be to copy the `_images` folder in the same directory
of the languages, but I cannot figure out how to do this with sphinx
options.

Has someone faced the same problem or has someone a workaround for that?

Thanks to all

Cheers

Matteo

[0] https://github.com/ghtmtt/DataPlotly/