[QGIS-Developer] We need mentors for Google Code-In

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 09:35:26 PDT 2017

Hi Developers and Users (Sorry for crossposting, but there is not much
time left)

Google starts a new competition for Students. Google Code in.

GCI is a competition addressed to high-school students aged 13-17, as an
introduction to the open source world. They are supposed to complete as
much tasks as possible to win the contest. These tasks should be short
simple stuff (3-5 hours) from beginner stuff such as installing the
software and displaying a map to more advanced things such as proposing
a patch of code to fix a bug. However, since the students have to
complete several tasks to win, we need to plan lots of them and be
available to review what the students submit rather quickly, so they can
start with a new one. For that reason, it is better if we are more
mentors. Since the tasks do not involve only code stuff, everyone
interested is invited to propose tasks and join as mentor!

Extra info about GCI and examples of tasks might be found in the
dedicated OSGeo wikis:
- https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Code_In_2017
- https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Code_In_2017_Tasks

Kind regards