[QGIS-Developer] Future of OSM integration

Hugo Mercier hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
Thu Oct 12 02:43:28 PDT 2017

Hi,

On 12/10/2017 11:30, Stefan Keller wrote:
> Hi,

>> I can't write a solution but, personnally (and others I think ;)) , my little ‎dream is that QGIS replace JOSM to edit OSM data.
>
> Well, that will stay a dream, since OSM has a topology/no schema data
> model. QGIS perhap can serve as an editor for very specialized use
> cases (while being careful not to destroy OSM structures).

Yeah, OSM data model is hard to fit into QGIS layer model, but we are
not that far I guess.
Support for hstore columns in qgis 3 for example could be reused in some
way for OSM tags.
And we would have to find a smart way to handle OSM relations.

It's a bit challenging, but that would be a very nice thing :)