[QGIS-Developer] Reword "Trusted Plugin" --> "Trusted Plugin Author"?

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Fri Sep 8 04:45:45 PDT 2017

Hi Tom,

I understand this sentiment very well. Do you think formalizing the
process to become a "Trusted Author" and making it more transparent
would help here?

Your statement does not seems not to critizise the move of switching
trust from plugins to authors. But more the "in-or-out" in general.
Important here is, that the idea is to put more stress on the "in"
rather than the "out" (by saying "trusted author" rather than "untrusted
author"). If you have an idea how this can be made even more visible, I
think there's a good chance that we can mitigate unwanted side-effects
and potentially hard feelings of this better.

Sidnote:
I will immediately vote to make you a trusted author, we all very well
know the work you've put into qgis2web and close relations with the
community. While I think you should get the label anyway, I think
there's a different discussion you wanted to trigger here.

Matthias