[QGIS-Developer] Reword "Trusted Plugin" --> "Trusted Plugin Author"?

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Fri Sep 8 05:10:54 PDT 2017

Thanks, Matthias. Very much indeed.

I don't think it's the binary in or out that is the issue. I do think it's
the semantics. However, at the moment I am complaining without a solution -
I have not yet thought of a more appropriate word to use for this labelling
purpose.

100% make the criteria visible, yes, and not just in the blog. It needs to
be (at least in summary) in the plugin manager and on the plugins website.

I think one of the issues with this whole idea is how to achieve something
fair, meaningful, and transparent *without increasing the burden on Paolo*
or whoever else in the future curates the plugins. I wonder whether a
moderately easy criterion for inclusion in the "trusted" collection could be
either the presence of plugin tests, or, ideally, CI, so that some
indication of QA is visible not just to Paolo/whoever approves plugins in
the future, but also to users inclined to investigate for themselves.
Perhaps that's too high a barrier, but as everyone is saying, this does not
prevent other plugins' approval, just their being labelled as trusted.

I think that was a tad more than $0.02 from me. Thanks for you patience.

Tom

-----
Buy Pie Spy: Adventures in British pastry 2010-11 on Amazon
--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-Developer-f4099106.html