[QGIS-Developer] pyqgis - openfeatureform highlight?

Anders Vittrup anvit2a at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 09:10:50 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm making a small plugin for a custom editorwidget and I'm using
QgisInterface openFeatureForm from within my widget to open other feature
forms on diffrent layers.

I just cannot seem to figure out how to make the feature being highlighted
on the map (red highlighing when using the identify feature tool).
I already have a tool that will "flash" a feature for like half a second
(Using QgsRubberBand) but that is not what i want for the new feature form.
How do i get the same effect when the feature form is opened (with pyqgis)
so it will also highlight the feature on the map. Eg. if i have two feature
form's open an active one the feature is highlighted (exactly like identify
feature). (when the feature form is closed or inactive the highlight should
disappear)

Best regards
Anders