[QGIS-Developer] Standalone and OSGeo4W installers: icons and folder on desktop

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Tue Sep 26 01:39:21 PDT 2017

Jürgen E. Fischer wrote
>> However, I continue to use the OSGeo4W installer, and I still get the
>> folder
>> on my desktop (its name is a URL-encoded form of
>> http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w). I delete it each time, and each time
>> run Setup again, it is recreated.
>>
>> Is this because the installer has saved some config for my setup?
>
> Check last-cache in %OSGEO4W_ROOT%/etc/setup/setup.rc

Ah, that was it. No http... folder any more. Thanks so much. I do still get
a folder OSGeo4W on the desktop, containing a shortcut to the OSGeo4W shell,
though.

Noted re: GRASS. One extra icon is nothing like the problem we had before.
If I or others feel strongly enough, we can raise it with the GRASS devs.

Thanks for all the work. I'm really pleased that this, along with Nathan's
installer work (and much work by others) is lowering the barrier for Windows
users.

Thanks again

Tom

-----
Buy Pie Spy: Adventures in British pastry 2010-11 on Amazon
--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-Developer-f4099106.html