[QGIS-Developer] QgsLocator & common python libs

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 14:31:54 PDT 2018

common-qgis-python like that we created in Boundless when we where there
[1] had this intention:
1) create a set of common snippets
2) centralize maintenance
3) avoid re implement common problems (rised during dev for that specific
company)

the main problems I see are:
1) I would feel confortable if repo [1] would be out of control of a
private company.

My option would be:
1) move to QGIS repo
2) manage any new snippet or module using an Enhancement Proposal (QEP)

Not clear to me the advantages of using a separate repo added via submodule.

Luigi Pirelli

[1] https://github.com/boundlessgeo/lib-qgis-commons

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition: